Pregnancy is a special time for families expecting.
For some women, the journey can be challenging with physiological, hormonal and biomechanical changes in the body as the baby is growing and developing.
The most noticeable symptoms that women consult us for include:
- Lower back pain
- Leg pain
- Symphysis pubis pain
- Rib pain
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Discomfort from abnormal positioning of the baby
Many women also seek assistance for:
- Optimising and supporting through pregnancy, labour and recovery postpartum
- Support for mum and bub through the first 6-12 weeks after birth
- Advice and support on prenatal, pregnancy and postnatal care
- Chiropractic care for their child
How do we help during pregnancy?
Various biomechanical and hormonal changes occur during pregnancy that can alter how the spine is aligned ultimately affecting spinal curvatures, balance, and gait to name a few.
Chiropractic can assist in the adaptation of these changes with a variety of gentle techniques at various stages through pregnancy.
These include techniques such as gentle specific Chiropractic techniques and the Webster Technique, used to optimise the pelvis and the associated soft tissue structures to allow for optimal movement of the baby.
This may assist with reducing lower back pain and optimising labour outcomes.
Make an appointment